Job Posting: Marketing Manager (maternity leave contract)
Owlkids Books Marketing Manager (20-month contract)
Job Type: Contract
Date Posted: March 9, 2022
Application Deadline: April 1, 2022
Duration: 20 months
Start date: June 1, 2022
Owlkids Books is seeking a full-time Marketing Manager to cover an extended maternity leave. Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing and working closely with staff across the company, the Marketing Manager is responsible for the overall working of the marketing department, including the general planning and execution of our marketing activities in Canada and the US. The successful candidate will have a proven record of developing creative and innovative children’s book marketing campaigns and a desire to drive sales and to increase the visibility of our books, our creators and our company.
Duties will include:
- Leading the development and execution of marketing plans for both frontlist and backlist titles
- Overseeing all marketing activities, including trade shows, advertising, promotional materials, metadata, publicity, awards
- Managing the Owlkids Books website and the Owlkids e-commerce site
- Managing the Owlkids Books marketing department, including direct management of two staff members
- Managing all aspects of the marketing budget, including tracking expenses and reforecasting as needed
- Managing, tracking and reporting on marketing-related activities
- Five years of experience marketing children’s books, ideally in both the US and Canadian markets
- Excellent project-management and organizational skills, an ability to meet deadlines and juggle shifting priorities effectively
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, as well as WordPress, and basic HTML
- Experience with databases, metadata and ONIX
- Experience managing and tracking a budget and costs
- Experience managing staff
As a publisher, we aim to develop children’s natural love of learning into a lifelong enjoyment of literature and reading. Our goal is to publish books that nurture the imagination and engage, inform, and amuse a broad range of children and, importantly, to ensure that our books reflect the diversity of our readership, our country, and our world. We are located in a transit-friendly midtown Toronto office connected to a subway station, and although we are currently working remotely, we anticipate a modified return to our office over the term of this contract.
Owlkids is committed to creating a safe, inclusive work environment, and to assembling a team that reflects the diversity of our readers. We welcome qualified candidates from BIPOC communities, the LGBTQIA2S+ communities, persons with disabilities, and other communities that have been underrepresented in the publishing industry.
Please submit a single document resume and cover letter below no later than April 1, 2022. We will only be contacting potential candidates and apologize that we can’t reply individually to all applications.
Marketing Manager Application – 2022Please upload a cover letter and resume here. Thank you!