March & April 2023: What’s New With Owlkids?
It’s time for another monthly recap! Here’s what we’ve been up to in March and April:
We attended the Texas Library Association’s Annual Conference in Austin, Texas! We met school and public librarians from across Texas and spoke about all things books. We also sat in on a Texas Topaz Reading List session that highlighted Dig, Dance, Dive: How Birds Move to Survive. Thanks for having us, Austin!
We also received lots of great award news:
- How to Party Like a Snail was shortlisted for three state children’s choice awards: the Michigan Great Lakes Great Books Award, the Washington Children’s Choice Picture Book Award, and the Maine Chickadee Children’s Choice Picture Book Award.
- Revenge of the Raccoons was announced as a finalist for the Alberta Literary Awards.
- How to Party Like a Snail and The Weird Sisters: A Note, a Goat, and a Casserole were shortlisted for the the Joan Betty Stuchner Oy Vey! Funniest Children’s Book Award.
- One Tiny Bubble was an Alcuin Society Awards for Excellence in Book Design second prize winner.
In exciting rights news, more of our books are heading to new markets! Here are some highlights from the last few months:
- Turkish rights have been sold for Barnaby, How to Be Human: A Bear’s Guide, and You Are Stardust
- Italian rights have been sold for both Otis & Peanut and Sometimes a Wall…
- World French (ex North American) rights have been sold for What If Soldiers Fought With Pillows?
And in March, our rights team were in Italy attending the annual Bologna Book Fair! Over the course of a packed few days, we kept very busy meeting with publishers from around the world to present all of our amazing books. We had a great trip and are looking forward to sharing more new and exciting rights news with you soon. Now on to the Frankfurt Book Fair this fall!
We’ll check back in soon!
—The Owlkids Team